keeping a finger on the customer’s pulse
Not many industries are as international as machine building. The key to success is usually to be found in the sales department. A Deloitte survey showed how some machine builders engineer this success.
- They make intensive use of information about the market and their competitors
- They actively support the salesforce by developing benefit-related arguments for products and services
- They diversify their product range to align with market needs
- They operate effective price and loyalty management
- They ensure their service business is seamlessly integrated
- They offer optimal local customer service via their partners
Customer and prospect data: buried treasure!
The above is achievable on two conditions:
- All information about customers and the market must always flow back to the company. That’s the only way machine builders can detect market trends as they emerge and align their pricing strategies and service concepts to customer needs. Professor Matthias Putz, department head at the Chemnitz Fraunhofer Institute, think there is a lot of progress to be made in this area in Germany. He believes the country only uses a small fraction of the data that’s available to enable its companies to gain more insight and financial profits.
- As in the automotive industry, maintenance and service – or after-sales service – are extremely important in the machine building segment. This is where partners are particularly important.
Keep that data flowing
In both these areas, partners are the decisive success factor. No wonder – they’re at the front line in close proximity to the customer. Just one problem: key information about discussions with customers, or about customer expectations, doesn’t flow back to the manufacturer. And that means that the manufacturer can’t supply partners with the sales support information they need.
Keeping an eye on the customer journey
Leadtributor solves exactly this problem. As a sales SaaS, it supports you by quickly distributing enquiries from prospects to your resellers. But not only that – it also provides your partners with all relevant information about the lead at the touch of a button. And when the partner starts working on the lead, all the information flows back to you – automatically. What are the potential customer’s requirements? How advanced is the sales process? What support does the partner need to close the deal? Leadtributor delivers it all.
And the best bit? Leadtributor is mobile-enabled, so partners can use it while they’re on the road. That also helps maintain the permanent data flow between you and your partners – in real time too!
Want to know more? Download our brochure here.